Welcome to participate in the COPGendered conference on the 19th of January 2024!
This year, our theme is Gender and Climate Change: Understanding the Interconnection. During the conference, you will be able to attend several interesting lectures on the links between gender and climate change. At the end of the conference, we invite you to discuss the topics presented and you will have the opportunity to ask questions. We hope to see you there!
Place: The Museum of World Culture, Gothenburg and online via Zoom.
To participate in person email your name and dietary preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up via the following link https://forms.gle/FjangS863H7EVbX47.
Register in advance for this webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/…/reg…/WN_jMEo2KUXQUiMoCf2suUN5A
Featured speakers and topics are:
– Jimmy Sand, Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research
– Green transition – an (unpaid) responsibility for women, and (well- paid) jobs for men
– Annica Kronsell, Professor at the University of Gothenburg
– Intersectionality and Climate Policy – making ways forward to a socially inclusive and sustainable welfare state
– Olivia Linander, Activist and Educator
– Activist perspectives: Envisioning a climate movement beyond the gender binary
– Birgitte Hjerrild & Gitte Pedersen, KULU – Women and Developement
Gender and Climate Justice advocacy and action in Mali
– Sarai Martin Ruiz, Mundubat
Extractivism: Historical dispossession of the bodies, lives of women and territories
GADIP, ABF Göteborg & WIDE+
Co-funded by the European Union